This safari features some of the popular Northern Circuit game parks. This safari runs with special discounted offers during the April and May departures. With the Best of Ngorongoro Crater Safari travel in custom designed 4×4 safari vehicles with open roofs for game viewing. This is a small group seat-in-vehicle safari with a maximum of 6 travelers per vehicle, all with window seats. Traveling for 4- days, the safari includes meals, accommodation, park entry fees and a visit to Tarangire, Ngorongoro Crater &, Lake Manyara
Day 1 TARANGIRE
This morning drive to Tarangire National Park. Tarangire is traversed by the Tarangire River, which never dries up. Being the only source of water during the dry season, it draws hundreds of animals to the park, making for a wildlife and bird viewing spectacular. The landscape is varied, with grassy savannah plains, swamps, hills, and spectacular baobabs. Enjoy a full day in the park with game viewing.
Day 2: NGORONGORO
This morning, you will descend into the Ngorongoro Crater floor for full day game driving and exploration. The crater is 600m deep, 16km across and 265 sq km in area. Enjoy the spectacular scenery and game viewing, in what has been described as the eighth wonder of the world. Many of Tanzania’s last remaining black rhino can be seen grazing on the open grassland of the crater floor, surrounded by some of the 20,000 large animals that occupy the crater, including lion, cheetah, eland, zebra, and gazelle. Flamingo, among other bird species, can often be seen feeding at Makat Soda Lake as well. Afternoon drive to your lodge for your overnight stay.
Day 3: LAKE MANYARA
This morning drive to Lake Manyara National Park. Set against the steep escarpment of the Rift Valley, you’ll find Lake Manyara National Park with its evergreen groundwater forest and variety of ecosystems including acacia woodland, grassy plains, a swampy fan delta, and – of course – the expansive lake. This diversity attracts a wide variety of mammal, bird, and wildlife species. Manyara is also home to rare tree-climbing lions. The park offers excellent game viewing with buffalo, impala, giraffe, bushbuck, waterbuck, hippos, and lots of elephants roam near the lake. Also look out for blue monkeys, vervet monkeys, and the very active Olive baboon troops.
Day 4: KILIMANJARO AIRPORT
Enjoy a morning at leisure before your transfer to Kilimanjaro airport for your flight home – speak to us to arrange this.
Included in the price:
· Full board breakfast, lunch & dinner as indicated on the itinerary.
· Transfers to and from the airport.
· All game drives viewing in a custom-built 4×4 Safari Land Cruiser
· All park and entrance fees
· Transportation with 4×4 vehicles with viewing roofs
· Professional English-speaking driver/guide during the safari.
· Bottled water in safari vehicles.
· Ngorongoro Crater car supplement fee.
· Current Government taxes and levies
· 24-Hour support during the safari from our office in Moshi.
Excluded from the price:
· Internal or International flights
· Balloon excursion
· Masaai village tour
· Entry visa to Tanzania.
· Travel and health insurance
· Gratuities to your guide, hotel staff and porters
· Meals, drinks and excursions not described in the itinerary
· Any other items of a personal nature, laundry, telephone and postage
· Item of personal Nature
· Olduvai Gorge Tour Arrivals and Departures are from Kilimanjaro Airport. Prices do not include international airfare. All itineraries and prices are subject to change.