Interesting Facts about Uganda
Populations:The population of Uganda is 44,2 million
Languages:The National language of Uganda is Luganda. English and Swahili.
Local Chitchat: Good Morning: Wasuze otya nno? How was your night? (Luganda)
:Thank you: Weebale (Luganda)
- Chipati: Indian style flat bread fried in oil
- Grasshoppers: The crunchy deep fried insects are a popular street food.
- Luwombo: Stew made from meat, vegetables or fish steamed in banana leaves
- Matoke: Green banana steamed in its own leaves and mashed
- Millet Bread: A mixture of millet and cassava flour, eaten with peanut or meat sauce
- Posho: Made from white corn flour, this starchy stable similair to polenta
- Waragi: Local gin
- Mandazi: A type of doughnut served with cinnamon or sugar or both
- Rolex : an omlette made with onion and vegetables and rolled up in a chiapati
- Kikomando: Chopped up chiapatti served with fried beans
- Pombe: Beer made by fermented millet or bananas
- SimSim: Roasted sesame seeds made into a paste mixed into a dish of greens or beans often served as a side dish.
- Gorilla Trekking
- Spend time on the Nile River
- Activities in Jinja
- Ndere cultural centre
- Ngamba Island Chimpanzee santuary
- Queen Victoria National Park
✓ Uganda has second largest lake in the World-Lake Victoria
✓ Uganda’s largest export is coffee
✓ The Equator crosses Uganda
✓ Grey-crowned crane is Uganda’s National Bird
✓ Cover your legs-it is customary for men to wear trousers and women to cover their legs as a sign of respect.
✓ Rife with youngsters only 2% of population over the age of 65
✓ Always green in Uganda as it rains consistently